<$BlogRSDURL$>

...hectic as buggery-bop...

Saturday, May 15

The past 24 hours have been quite hectic:

Yesterday day: In Warringah Eisteddfod, Concert band 1 came 2nd (after pittwater high). That was a shock horror for everybody – but man just listening to our trumpet section (yes that includes me) we weren’t very good – I don’t think me or ben practised at all… well I certainly didn’t. it showed. I sucked. Oh well…

Yesterday arvo: Racing around so much before beck and my group started, to get ariane a cake and other food and stuff. We taught them a bit about grace. One thing I had planned to use but we didn’t was John 1:16 (NB. not John 3:16). I like that – it like we’re on a bridge, and God’s grace is a river that never runs out. His love just keeps washing though us. Maybe it’s not such a good analogy, but I like it. But man we had some break-throughs – God really answered prayers. For one, 5 girls rocked up to our group!!! Woohoo! We usually only get about 1 or 2, tops of 3. Another thing was that we were really getting into the study. Questions were asked and answers were given. Answers that were completely amazing and unexpected! We really pulled together as a group, even though there were 2 new girls who had never been before! Awesome! Amen…

Last night: I had told half the girls in our dteam that it was gonna be a normal night with just a small group. I hadn’t realised that we were goin ice-skating with the rest of Ernie junior. Tom msged me during warringah eisteddfods saying “Did I talk to you about ice skating?” well let me see – no! hehe. But it all worked out ok. God provided. Called all the girls at beck’s place. So iceskating was great fun. Spent a lot of time helping heather to learn how to skate – that was a challenge. But she got better. I only fell over once. I wish I wasn’t as scared to make a fool of myself – I wanted to challenge the limits of my skill, but no! I held back for some reason. I never have anyone the same level as me – the younger guys in our group were about my level, but they were too cool and a bit fast for me. Beck and sal and tom were too good. I pretty much felt alone in my suckiness… oh well…
I got home and decided I was hungry – I didn’t want maccas when we were at macquarie Ice rink. So I looked in the fridge: last nights dinner. But no, I felt like something different, something easy, something liquid – I wanted soup. Went to the cupboard: canned soups including pea & ham or minestrone. Hadn’t tried pea & ham before, so grabbed it and started loading it into a bowl, added water and chucked it into the microwave. I think it was when I heard the soup in the microwave spurting and popping that I first realised something was not right. Took it out and gave it a stir. It ended up looking like a bowl of spew and snot. I’ve never tried gruel before, but I imagine it must be something like this. Some of it went down the sink, and the remaining mess that wouldn’t go down went into the compost. I’ve made a vow: “pea and ham soup – never again”. By the way, I did look at the instructions and I was doing it all right, so hey, it aint my fault it turned out gross. So I had the last-night’s dinner instead. Then I almost fell asleep watching the glasshouse, but then started watching the truman show. I love that movie. my favourite bit is when the guy in the bath tub is clinging onto the shower curtain and screaming "hold on!"...

Th’smorning: woke up at 6:30am to the sound of mum rummaging through my mess. I’d just dumped all my clothes and school junk on the floor last night coz I was too tired to do much else. I think she was a bit upset that my blazer was strewn across the floor… I think after mumbling something inaudible, I went back to sleep. woke up again coz my alarm clock was buzzing and remembered I had to go somewhere. Got a text msg from nic (sister) asking me to bring all these cricket sets and balls and stuff to st ives. Oh yeh, st ives showground brunch thingy for a soul survivor thankyou gathering thingy. Out of bed I jumped, into the shower, washed hair, got dressed, scouted around for nic’s requested items and jumped in the car. Got there with time to spare – good stuff loz! We had fun – ate great bacon, played volleyball, frizbeed, vortexed, prayed, chatted, laughed… ah good times, great classic hits…

Now: blogging

Later today: school working

Tomorrow: hanging out with maryanne (aka “Ham”), Ernie-ing, Café-church-ing, and who knows what else (well we all know who knows…)