<$BlogRSDURL$>

...hectic as buggery-bop...

Wednesday, June 16

OK, so I couldn’t restrain myself from blogging, and there’s no resolution to previous discussions, just more dilemmas…

Rather a controversial topic actually: Should girls lead ministry?

During my quiet time today, asking God to speak to me through his word about what he wants me to do with the recent offer of leading worship, he opened me to a page that made me recoil:
“As in all the congregations of the saints, women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.” (1 Corinthians 14:34-35)
I had quite a fatty mope that about why I had to be created as a girl, and why couldn’t God have made me a guy?! Maybe that’s why I was ultra perky at the youth meeting tonight. Maybe I just wanted to feel like I was “allowed to speak”, just to be ‘rebellious’ or ‘test the water’ or something along those lines. I had a chat to Sally Irwin about the verses and she’s gonna lend me some book that’s probably gonna tell me about how special girls are and how the Lord made us different to guys because blah blah and that kind of crap. Yes, I am extremely sceptical about this kind of “but you are unique and, and, and…” stuff.
Nic has always told me that I’ll never be allowed to lead worship coz I’m a girl. And so I’ve talked to Mel Hatton a few time about it over the past year or 2, coz she used to lead worship.
I think I’m coming to the conclusion that Paul was f’n p’d off (I wonder what tom would say to that?) at his wife at the time that he wrote these passages. But then I ask, why would God want to include that hurtful information in his precious bible? Surely the Lord hasn’t been training me up my whole life just to have my hopes and aspirations squashed with 2 verses?…