<$BlogRSDURL$>

...hectic as buggery-bop...

Wednesday, June 9

Why would people say “stay away from the light”? Surely they can’t be christians! If we believe Jesus is the light (John 1:4-5), then we should have our sights set on him and his radiance. He beckons us to come out of the darkness, and step into his light, so that his love can shine through us. Death is only a scary thing for those who aren’t ready (not that I’m all for dying – somedays I just know that if Jesus came right then, I would not particularly be ready). Non-christians are afraid of death because they think that that’s it – nothing more. We, as christians, need not be fearful of death as we know that we have the promise of Heaven. Also, the fact that we are already died to our human selves (Romans 6:8) may help. But i'm fearful of what will happen to my non-christian frinds (Revelation 20:15). And sure, I’m afraid of the pain associated with dying, but I’m also excited. When I see the light of the Lord, I’ll be piss-bolting to the end of that tunnel…

"Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?"
The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. (1 Corinthians 15:55-58)