<$BlogRSDURL$>

...hectic as buggery-bop...

Tuesday, July 6

Alas for my room. Alas for my house. It’s looking so bare. Taken down most of my surf posters (had to leave my favs) and I’m planning to box lots of stuff today. Would anyone like a fish (comes with complimentary fish tank!)? It’s small and doesn’t take much looking after. In fact, I only really feed it once or twice a week if I remember at all – it doesn’t mind and it’ll survive anything. Someone surely would like to look after it for a while. You can keep it if you want… I dislike minimalism immensely. I’m scared of the fact that I have to “do without” so many things for the next six months.
Took my bomb to the mechanics th’smorn at 7am (so cold!). My poor car. It’s a bit sick. Supposedly I’m a “car thrasher” says Chris. I guess I am a bit, but I like testing the limits of my bomb. I didn’t mean to, but yesterday I came out of Forest Way shops and skidded round the corner and spun the tyres. I looked like a right old hoon. Some oldie coming out of the petrol station gave me a glaring look, as if to say “damn hooligan”. Oops, naughty Lauren…
Oh no! The builder downstairs just turned up his radio and now he’s singing really badly (I think he’s tone-deaf). Not only that, but he’s singing a Robbie Williams song. Ok now that’s really bad – I wont cope if this keeps up all day. Oh dear…
Last night I had the greatest chat with mum (it’s her birthday today – HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUM! Not that she reads my blog anyway. She doesn’t know how to turn a computer on, let alone find my blog…) about:
* Chris and all that’s been going on there (including the week of prayer – tried to make it as non-christian friendly as possible, and she seemed receptive so YAYness!)
* The Idea of North (TION) and how cool they are – I think mum liked them coz I chucked it on my stereo. I even taught her what accapella means – I like being able to teach mum.
* Nicole going travelling and having Cheryl Ives (Chris's mum) as a mentor.
* Worship leading and the conference Chris and I went to.
What else? I think that was it. But how exciting. I was stressing about that convo, but it went down better than I could have imagined! Praise the Lord. There’s hope for my parents becoming Christians yet. Hmmm…
Ok and now there’s a jackhammer going in the room next to mine. I can open my door and there is a sweaty young lad holding a noisy machine and ripping apart my parent’s wall. It seems so weird that I’m just sitting here typing and all around me is mayhem and dissarray. Hectic! Oh no, the guy downstairs’s radio is now playing that Milsy song “Miss Vanity”. That song annoys me – it makes me think of vanity units and bathrooms and toilets. I think I’m a little too into this renovating business. Heck, we’ve had to do it a few times.
Janine (sister) just rang and said she’ll take my fishy on board so everyone ignore the bit above about the fish tank and all that. Yay that I’m gonna have a chat about accounting and how I should go about it all with Janine sometime during the week. Careers make me uncomfortable. I’m such a hopeless case… I do but then again I don’t want a proper job. So daunting to think that soon I’ll be sitting in a poky little office cubicle and writing reports and drinking more coffee than is good for me and staring at computer screens (which I guess I already do) and knowing that I HAVE to work coz otherwise I’ll get fired… And the fact that I’ll have to go to uni and study for 3 more years sux. One day I’ll be able to sit back and do nothing… Bring on retirement! Can’t wait to go travelling too. Had quite a few conversations recently about travelling overseas, and when would be the best time to do that? The main question for me would be ‘when can I afford it?’ – and to that question, the only suitable answer would be “I can’t even afford a schoolies trip up to my grandparent’s place in Kingscliffe (think Tweed Heads)”… Yeh I’m pretty much stuffed. It’s funny how God always provides, but maybe He doesn’t particularly think it’s necessary for me to go on schoolies. But I want to go. Maybe I won’t. Nobody really wants to come with me, and our whole year is going on some cruise, where they’ll spend their time getting drunk and sleeping with as many people as possible. Not good – not good at all…
Ok, I’ll think of some better things to write later. Off to pack a box of my junk and do a past paper...