<$BlogRSDURL$>

...hectic as buggery-bop...

Wednesday, July 7

Found a sheet of paper I didn’t know I had. On it was some info about worshipping God. It said some good things. Challenging, but good. And I think it’s important that I share some of it:
“Biblically, worship is all about responding in right ways to God. And the first thing that we must grasp is that worship is primarily about God. While we may pay lip service readily to this fact, in practice it is often quite difficult for us to engage in. We live in a very self-centred world, where self-gratification, self-satisfaction, self-fulfilment and the like drive so much of our activity and determine so many of our responses. If we’re not careful, we’ll find ourselves evaluating our worship in this self-focused way. Of course worship involves me; I am a participant in it. Yet it is not primarily about me or for me.”
Well yeh, I’m much in agreements. Not that I don’t do things for my own glory. Not at all – I’m a shocker; the miss self-righteous queen. But I think we, as Christians, need to be more aware of our selfish desires and consciously be looking more towards glorifying God in everything we do. Well that’s two cents…