<$BlogRSDURL$>

...hectic as buggery-bop...

Saturday, February 5

I had the coolest time in the Gong yesterday and today. It’s a bit depressing to think that ‘hey, I’m back in the reality of Syders now, and will be for a long time coz I got no time off for a long long while’…
The gong is full of such fantastic people. Heaps easy-going. Very much the random question ‘hey, wachyoos doin today? Let’s do suchandsuch…’ kinda laid-back place.
I’d love to live there.
But then-again, maybe it’s the company…
T’was so cool to hang out with people who have the same weird streak in ‘em.
Some, like Sarah (Perky) and Rochelle, where heaps funny, a bit crazy at times and even had the same sad humour as me. Not too often do I come across such gorgeous silly-billies…
And then there’s people like Luke who you can’t quite figure out, but there’s something bout them that once you get to know a bit, you don’t wanna have to depart. I wish I had a bro in Sydney like Luke. Way too funny, random, playful…
And man, Figtree Church is massive. No one warned me! Walked in to the old entrance where there’s the original normal-sized service room and was thinking, wow, this is nice/comfortable/funky (with it’s purple pews). But then the new section loomed up, which I had no idea about, and was just in awe of how massive it was. Had this entrance foyer the size of St Stephens, a welcome lounge thingy and then this humungous service room about the size of CCC Oxford Falls. It even had its own cyclorama! T’was impressed.

Sorry, I have to stop there for a sec. Nic just walked into my room, farted and walked back out. I’m dying…

Ok, smell has faded a bit. Shall keep going… Where was I?
Yeh, anyway, Figtree was a huge church and I was a little overwhelmed and intimidated.
The CD recording thing last night was cool too. Very much what I would expect at a CCC cd recording. Four or five vocalists, bass, 2 elec guitars, 1 acoustic, full drum kit, 2 keyboardists, choir, choir conductor, music director, lots of lighting, sound technicians, photographers, camera men, etc. plus a large audience (which they all thought was quite pathetically small)…
Did I mention the sound boards? They had about five, which were about twice the size of the one at St Stephens. Wow – tech it up!

In a way I’m glad to be home, but then again, why did I have to come back to reality? And when will I be able to see my Wollongong friends again?

I had so much fun today at the beach (each of the 3 times we went) with Sarah, Luke, Sarah Deane, Adam and Rochelle. T’was great to be silly and immature and all those wonderful things that only happen so often in Sydney coz everyone’s busy and don’t wanna come out to play (me included).
T’was a trip packed full of shenanigans and good laughs and randomness…

But I tell you what, my heart sank coming back to Sydney (still a fair way off) when I saw 3 signs all pointing different directions saying “Sydney city”… So I chose the one that also had an airport arrow on it (I figured that I should do my trip down in reverse to get back home – just tellin you now, bad move). Of course I ended up in some random back streets and then eventually in the “Sydney airport domestic terminal”. After contemplating the thought of jumping on a plane and going back to the Gong or some other great Aussie destination, I proceeded to redirect my way through to botany and then back through the city. And now I’m home – yay! I made it! My first drive through the city, my first longish drive anywhere, and all alone too… Only stuffed up twice, which concluded to be alright (but a bit slower) in the end…

Still feel a bit bad for dogging youth leading last night though.

But all in all, definitely well worth it!


PS. I have plenty more I was thinking of writing, but I’m buggered and I probably wont ever get round to it now, so my apologies…