<$BlogRSDURL$>

...hectic as buggery-bop...

Monday, February 14

Ok, I have less than 9 hours of availability left!
Thereafter I shall live a life of celibacy for the duration of this year…

(College officially starts at 8am tomorrow, at which I am not permitted to start any new romantic relationships during my first year until graduation at the end of the year.)
Quite depressing in a way, but maybe exciting in another sense, that I know all relationships must be platonic and thus hopefully uncomplicated.
But it’s funny that today happens to be valentine’s day, and so I do wonder if anyone from my college shall take this chance to hook up…?

Th’sarvo Bonnie (my best friend from primary school) came over for dinner. Was so good to hang out with her. And it was funny to hear her take on guys, marriage, kids, adulthood… She doesn’t ever really want to get married or have kids. I understand, having kids completely changes everything and turns your world upside-down, but there’s something special about being a mummy that one day I look forward to experiencing. Please don’t think I’m being clucky or desperate or anything like that. This is something for the far-off future. And I agree with Fiona King and Sally Irwin’s idea that God wouldn’t place a desire like that in someone’s heart without intending it to happen… He calls us to multiply, and it really only a very special calling that would prevent a woman from bearing children (think about Mother Teresa – if she had had a husband and children, there is no way that she could have been the blessing to all those other people that she was).

Why am I feeling so dam reluctant write about my humanly desires to some day be a mother?
In our society it’s such an unspoken thing – single girls who talk about having children are labelled as desperately seeking, boys with an open desire to one day have kids are labelled selfish pigs and hornbags… Yet we praise the woman with no agenda to have children and call her a career woman, which is a highly esteemed image of this world.
Why do we jump to conclusions and judge others about the desires and passions of our hearts, labelling and gossiping and ridiculing and reasoning with each other? I know I absolutely fear anyone learning my most deepest hopes for what I will do in my life. There’s not much chance that I would share it with anyone, especially not in the near future. It seems too big. People will roll their eyes and doubt I’ll ever make it…
And it saddens me that I feel the need for such a privacy screen over my heart. It grieves me that only Jesus and I will ever be able to really discuss this. And the worse thing is that I believe that other people are suffering in a similar way to that which I am.

Anyway, I’m so sceptical about CCC. Tomorrow shall again be quite interesting…