<$BlogRSDURL$>

...hectic as buggery-bop...

Thursday, July 7

yesterday's visit to the dentist was funny. i had a cracked tooth, so Dr Geoffrey had to fix it up for me coz i was sick of my catching my tongue on it.
they strapped the happy gas nose thingy on and Geoff pulled out a sheet of song titles and artists, asking if i'd like to listen to something while he played with my teeth. how prestiege! i'd never been given music to listen to at the dentist before. i chose u2 (it just happened to be "joshua tree" - how good!) and the assistant lady chucked on the headphones for me.
by then the happy gas was starting to kick in and i so wanted to dance with bono, but my body was all prickly and tickly. last time i was on happy gas i haluscinated majorly and believed the dentist was evil and trying to invade my body through my mouth, so keeping this previous experience in mind, i continually reminded myself that the dentist is not out to get me...
but then (oh yes!) he brings out this massive needle and shoves it into my tender little gums and injects this numbing juice! no it was all fine. my familiar friend bono was very comforting.
anyway, it was over pretty quick and there wasnt too much drillage, so it was all cool. i was still coming down from the happy gas when geoffrey finished, so i was all smiles, which was embarrassing coz my smile was lopsided from the numbing injection.
i figured it probably wouldnt be terribly safe for me to drive straight away, so i went roaming the streets of manly for cds. noone had jamiroquai's "funk odyssey", which is very disappointing, but i did by a special edition of michael jackson's "off the wall", which i'm listening to right now ("workin' day and night" is so good!)

last night was of course state of origin, so tanya h, jo k, ewan, nicole b and stephen gathered around stephen's tv. queensland supporters seemed to be in severe minority, so jo and i (the only ones that didnt particularly like footy) formed the offensive team. it's more exciting going for the underdog anyway.
nicole set a challenge for jo and i to figure out the names of each of the players, so jo chose queensland and i got nsw. and i won! hooray! good on ya jo, it was fun hey.

oh and it turns out that i missed my mum's b'day - i thought it was today, but of course it was yesterday! stupid stupid lauren!!! how mean of me...